When you walked into your kitchen this morning to make your pot of coffee, what did you notice first? The water spots on the ceiling? The uneven floorboards? Or the outdated appliances? By now, you probably have a mental checklist of repairs that runs through your mind on a daily basis. And it’s probably growing by the week. Some repairs feel urgent, while others are just annoying to look at. “I’ll get to the next repair when I have the money,” you think. The problem is, you don’t have any more money to pour into the house. And at this point, you’re ready to move. Listen, we know this is not a predicament you planned to be in. Over time, houses tend to take on lives of their own, and they’re often unpredictable (and expensive). On top of that, times are tough. Everything costs more money than before. And the real estate market is changing.
Before we go any further, here are two things you should know upfront;
- If you are Virginia homeowner facing extensive home repairs you cannot afford, you are not alone. There are thousands of families in Hampton Roads, your neighbors, who feel the same way you do when they walk into their kitchens each morning. You may be facing some adversity, but you are an overcomer. The fact that you’re here right now, doing your research, is proof.
- Secondly, you may be able to sell your house without making a single repair.
Want to know how to do it? Let’s dig in:
#1: Decide when enough is enough
Every single homeowner faces this question at some point in their life: Is this home still right for me and my family?
Your family may be growing, you may be on the verge of an empty nest, or you may be ready for a change. But this question will eventually present itself to you in one way or another.
For some, the answer is, “Yes, if we can renovate. We just need to tear down the wall, add a new bathroom, and [insert other costly repair here].” For others, the answer is, “No. It’s time to sell the house and move.”
Either way, addressing major repairs is often the first step. In order to renovate, one must renovate. In order to sell, one must make some basic repairs, right? Except, many families don’t make it past this step. Which is probably the reason we are meeting here today.
If are a Hampton Roads homeowner who has faced this question while living in a house that needs extensive repairs, then it is highly likely that you have already done the following:
- Identified a laundry list of repairs that are needed in your home
- Invested a significant amount of money into making such repairs, and
- Have run (or almost run) out of funds to finish repairs
The bottom line is that the renovation or sale you’ve imagined is still out of reach. Unfortunately, it all comes down to the money. Now, you are faced with a new question: When is enough enough?
Ask yourself these questions:
- How much money have I already spent on repairing my house?
- How much money still needs to be spent on the house in order to meet my expectations?
- How much more money can I realistically invest into the house?
- Can I get another loan?
- How much stress is this process causing me and my family?
- Is it worth it?
Take some time to answer these honestly. If you are in the position to steam ahead are are close to the finish line, do it.
If not, have you considered working with a cash home buyer?
#2: Call a cash home buyer
Cash home buyers are often viewed as a “last resort” for homeowners. But for the family who is overwhelemed with repairs and ready to move forward, they can offer viable solutions for that family.
Also known as real estate investors, “flippers,” or “we buy houses” companies, cash home buyers are equipped to pay you cash for your property within weeks.
As you might imagine, their speciality is buying houses that need some (or a lot) of work. “Any house. Any condition” and “No repairs needed” are two popular phrases that these companies often utilize in their marketing.
If a cash buyer is able to make a fair offer that is suitable for you and your family, it creates a win-win scenario. You receive the funds you need to find the right new home for your family, and the buyer can generate a profit by completing the repairs.
There are a number of cash home buyers operating in Hampton Roads, and most of them are completely legitimate
. Integrity Cash Home Buyers is one such reputable company that is family-owned and completely locally-operated. Here is what you can expect when you reach out for help:
- The buyer will collect some basic information about your property, including your name, email, phone number, and property address.
- The buyer will request to tour your property. This is important for them to make their assessment and generate an offer on your house.
- Unless and until you sign a contract, you are under no obligation to work with a cash buyer. This applies even if you’ve already spoken with a buyer or had them tour your property. So, it doesn’t hurt to reach out, get an offer, and explore your options.
- A good buyer will tell you upfront if there is enough equity in your home to make a fair purchase. A great buyer will not waste your time if they know they can’t help you.
When you’ve decided that enough is enough, a cash home buyer like Integrity Cash Home Buyers
can pick up where you’ve left off with your repairs. Keep reading to learn how the selling process works.
#3: Sell your house fast for cash
So what happens if you decide to work with Integrity Cash Home Buyers to sell your house? The process may be simpler and quicker than you expect.
- You’ll receive an offer within 24hrs of our site visit. There is no obligation to accept it, and if you don’t, we won’t pester you.
- If you accept our offer, we’ll start the closing process. That means no more repairs or renovations. You won’t have to clean or move any item that you don’t want. We’ll receive your propert exactly as-is, guaranteed.
- Get cash in your pocket at closing. We are prepared to close in as little as 14 business days. We can also close on a longer timeline if you need it. This is your moment, and you’ve earned it.
For homeowners across, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, and surrounding cities in Hampton Roads, we are proud to offer solutions like these. One family we were honored to help was the Penn family. Take a look at their story: “I recently had to come to a hard decision on whether or not to keep throwing money into a property I brought in my early twenties and now with a growing family in my late thirties was not fitting our needs. Over the years I had spent lots of money just fixing and trying to make it what we needed. I finally realized it was time for a change but knew my home would be hard to sell without a lot of repairs and updating.
I reached out to several companies a lot of which either gave me a quote on the phone which were extremely low or told me they could not help me. Some even made appointments to come look at it and never showed. I reached out to Integrity Cash Home Buyers and Mike was at the property the same day. He was extremely professional and even worked with me on a fair cash offer. Mike and his team worked with us the whole way through the process whether it was questions or just to help with weighing out all my options; he worked with me on every aspect. For anyone in need of this service, they were a great company to work.” Our goal is to relieve the stress of your burdensome property so you can move forward with integrity and continue taking care of your family.
If you are considering selling your house fast for cash in Hampton Roads, let’s chat and explore your options. We’re here to help: 757-276-3322